Cases referred to the Standards Commission
Find out more about the role of the Standards Commission and our work
Find out more about the Codes, Guidance, and bodies covered
Find out more...
The Standards Commission for Scotland
Welcome to the website of the Standards Commission for Scotland. We are an independent public body, responsible for encouraging high standards of behaviour by councillors and those appointed to boards of devolved public bodies.
The role of the Standards Commission is to:
- Encourage high ethical standards in public life; including the promotion and enforcement of the Codes of Conduct and to issue guidance to councils and devolved public bodies.
- Adjudicate on alleged breaches of the Codes of Conduct, and where a breach is found, to apply a sanction.
- Scottish Local Authorities
- National and Regional Public Bodies
- National Health Service Boards
- Health & Social Care Integration Joint Boards
- Further Education Colleges
- Regional Transport Partnerships
Use the menus at the top of the page to find out more about the Standards Commission and our work. You can also find further information on the Codes of Conduct and the Standards Commission's Guidance; training and support material and much more.
Latest NewsView all
Annual Report 2018-19
2nd September, 2019
18th July, 2019