The Standards Commission is an independent body whose purpose is to encourage high ethical standards in public life through the promotion and enforcement of Codes of Conduct for councillors and those appointed to the boards of devolved public bodies.
- What We Do
- Who We Are
- Standards Commission Meetings
- Who We Cover
- Our Service
- Policies & Procedures
The Standards Commission aims to serve the public interest and maintain confidence in the ethical standards framework. We recognise that a key element of achieving our aims is to listen to those who are, or have been, affected by the work that we do and, in turn, the service we provide.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or suggestions about our work and/or the ethical standards framework.
If you have dealt with the Standards Commission, we would welcome feedback on your experience, whether it was good or bad. We wish to learn from feedback and will use any information you provide to seek to improve our services.
We are committed to:
- giving those affected by our work the opportunity to comment on the service the Standards Commission provides, including our policies and procedures;
- listening to your comments;
- responding to complaints in a timely and helpful manner; and
- using feedback to inform changes and improvements, as appropriate, so that we deliver a better service.
The Standards Commission's Service Charter can be found here.
Standards Commission Service Charter